To download speakers' presentations, click on their names.
Thursday 9 June
9:00 to 12:30 Opening session
Chaired by Mr Diederik Laman Trip (Chair Netherlands Council for Microfinance)
- European Café – “How will we finance our support services?”
- Launch of the MFI Development Lab
Moderator : Daniel Sorrosal, EMN Executive Secretary
- Interactive South – North Debate “Who pays the ferryman?”
Reaction by Mr Jochen Bloss (Deutsches Mikrofinanz Institut)
- Interactive South - North debate “`Does BDS improve your microfinance activities – is it wise to be financed”?
Key note by Ms. Jennifer Riria (CEO of Kenya Women's Finance Trust and Chair of the Association of Microfinance Institutions AMFI in Kenya) and reaction by Mr Andrea Limone (Per Micro).
Moderator: Merten Sievers (International Labour Organization, Switzerland)
Friday 10 June
- Interactive round table debate “The way ahead - what do we expect the sector to achieve with the funding available?”
Key note by Peter Ramsden (URBACT, UK) and Maria Doiciu (Eurom, Romania). Reaction by Marc Schublin (European Investment Fund, Luxembourg). Moderator : Daniel Sorrosal (EMN Executive Secretary, Belgium)
- Young Leaders’ Session "In which direction does microfinance in Europe need to evolve? Financial Services only for the socially excluded or comprehensive packages for microentrepreneurs?"
- Closing note: “The future of microfinance Europe: what can we learn from the South and the present debate”, by Gert van Maanen (former Managing Director of Oikocredit).
- Presentation : Hosting country 2012 - Romania
- Closing remarks by EMN President Klaas Molenaar