On September 14th 2023, the European Commission launched a [SMP-COSME-2023-SEED-01%20(]call for proposal on "Proximity and social economy industrial ecosystem: boosting the digital transition of social economy enterprises and SMEs". This call is particularly interesting for our members, who, as social economy enabling organisations and support organisations active at EU level, which to further strengthen their digital offer but also to support their clients in their digital transition.
- Objectives of the call:
The call for proposal aims at the following objectives:
- Strengthening the digital transition and capabilities of SMEs in the social economy through capacity building activities, knowledge transfer and transnational cooperation
- Strengthen the digital capacity of "enabling organisations" (intermediary) in the social economy
- Activities that can be funded under the call:
- Mapping and capacity building: development of capacity building offer must be organised at consortium level (e.g. shared development and testing, joint training of trainers) but needs to be adapted to the local need of SMEs in the social economy and their enabling organisations
- Digital Social Innovation
- Composition of the consortium:
Non-profit organisations, non-governmental organisations and private organisations established at European, national, regional and local level as social economy associations, federations, financial institutions, impact investors, business incubators and accelerators, business support centres, innovation hubs, chambers of commerce, consultancy providing sustainability and financing advisory services are invited to apply.
The consortium must be composed of (1) at least 6 independent entities from at least 3 different eligible countries, (2) there should be at least 1 social economy "enabling organisation" per participating country involved in the consortium and (3) a minimum one and a maximum two support organisations active at EU level representing social economy entities (such as sectorial member federations and associations or networks).