Presentation slides Webinar recording
📅 09 December 2021
⏰ 11:00 - 12:15 (CET)
📍 Online session
One of the most promising developments of digitalisation in the microfinance sector is the unlocking of large-scale analyses. The efficient handling of massive datasets provides indeed invaluable insights on underlying risks and trends, which can then be better anticipated by practitioners.
In this online session, the team from the SFIDE project will present the results of their analysis of two years’ worth of loan applications processed by Qredits, a microfinance institution based in the Netherlands and one of the largest in Europe. The research was conducted with a clear objective in mind: to better understand the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on loan officers behaviour towards high-risk applicants, in comparison to previous years.
This session will also be the perfect opportunity to hear and ask anything about Qredits’ digitalisation journey and their partnership with Singlify, a UK-based social enterprise fintech.
- Nicola Benaglio, Senior Research Officer (Moderator)
- Michel Ehrenhard, Associate Professor, University of Twente (Principle Investigator, SFIDE)
- Franziska Koefer, PhD Student, University of Twente (Researcher, SFIDE)
- Evelyne Oprel, International Relations Manager, Qredits Microfinanciering
- Maarten Rooney, CEO, Singlify
The SFIDE project is led by the University of Twente, together with the European Microfinance Network and Qredits, and has received an EIBURS sponsorship from the European Investment Bank (EIB). More information ++