Microfact is a joint initiative of ADA and BRS to strengthen the financial and social performance capacities of microfinance and microinsurance institutions. To do this, Microfact offers a set of tools and will soon launch its new Microvision tool, which will allow MFIs to develop five-year financial projections.
The construction of a business plan is fundamental for an MFI to ensure its profitability and sustainability. Today, every organization wants a solid business plan that highlights strategic choices, values, objectives, customer segmentation and resource planning. A business plan is accompanied by financial projections that take into account various components such as, among others, the expected growth in service delivery (credit portfolio), the introduction of new financial products (loans, savings, etc.), the financial resources to be mobilized or the planning of staff expansion and necessary investments.
However, preparing financial projections is not a simple exercise because many aspects must be taken into account in order to predict how the financial statements will evolve over time.
Objectives of the training
As consultants, at the end of the training, you will be able to:
- Interpret ratios, analyse financial and social trends, develop long-term, diversified financing strategies and identify key areas to mitigate risks
- Analyse and challenge the results by developing different scenarios of the MFIs performance and simulate the impact of key decisions
- Master Microvision in the process of developing financial and social projections and communicate them to stakeholders
- Strengthen MFIs capacity in business planning by defining their main strategic orientations and making assumptions
- Strengthen MFIs capacity in using Microvision in an autonomous way
- Target Public: Experts, consultants in financial inclusion and business planning
- Date: March 18-22, 2019
- Trainers: Chuck Waterfield
- Language: English
- Location: Leuven (Belgium)
- Price: 2,000 euros (transport and accommodation not included)
- Seats: 20
- Contact: Marina Abboud, ADA Project Manager and Microfact Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org