The European Microfinance Network aisbl is hiring a Partnerships Manager (PM) for its office in Brussels, Belgium. The PM will be part of the EMN Secretariat and will report directly to the General Manager (GM).
The PM will be responsible for searching for, negotiating, and implementing organisational partnerships. This role will be key in the future development of EMN, since the organisation is following a funding diversification strategy that allows it to fulfil the requirements established in its strategic plan. The PM will also be in charge of the EMN fundraising strategy, which should be developed in collaboration with the team and with the aim to reduce the financial dependency of the organisation from its main funding source, the European Commission.
The PM's role will also entail facilitating partnerships for EMN member organisations that are in need of alternative funding sources or general partnerships. The capacity to develop this service will need to be set-up upon the member’s request and with the initial collaboration with the General Manager.
No staff supervision is initially foreseen for this role. Nevertheless, some staff support could be appointed in the mid-term depending on the evolution of the different tasks and the availability of resources within the organisation.
The PM will also be involved on different operational activities of EMN like the organisation of the EMN Annual Conference & other events, the delivery of the EaSI TA programme and the coordination of respective working groups.
Fundraising and partnerships for EMN
- Screen, map and initiate contact with potential funders (+ maintain database), set-up, organise and run meetings wherever needed (mostly Europe).
- Develop EMN’s branding and marketing materials.
- Lead the fundraising strategy of the organisation in order to diversify its funding. This will include the identification of alternative funding sources, write and negotiate potential proposals and report following the commitments of the partnership.
- Partnerships should primarily finance existing activities/operations, but eventually could result in new activities/operations, if the necessary resources are mobilised, which could imply its involvement in some projects delivery.
- Co-ordinate with the team the activities that will require alternative funding.
- Co-ordinate the EMN resources’ allocation in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Co-ordinate the resources’ allocation of the organisation in collaboration with the General Manager.
Facilitating new partnerships for the microfinance sector in Europe
- Screen among the EMN members the funding needs (but not exclusively) and needs for other alternative partnerships.
- Support the members in the definition of its financial needs, if required.
- Build up and maintain a database of potential investors and donors for the microfinance sector in Europe.
- Facilitate the matching between the member’s and the potential investors organising meetings and other events.
- Develop the value proposition of the EMN membership according to the organisational guidelines: Attract new members and improve the retention rate of member organisations.
- Maintain a fluid contact with the EMN membership in order to identify further needs and develop potential new activities and partnerships.
Actively involved in the management and delivery of the projects in the portfolio of the organisation
- Identify, contact and manage sponsors for EMN initiatives (Annual Conference, Overview Survey, European Microfinance Day…)
Coordinating EMN Working Groups
- Manage and coordinate the respective Working Groups
- Report on all aspects related to the previous tasks on a regular basis.
- Contribute to the content of the EMN Newsletters, CRM, website and social media tools.
- Participate in the respective Team Meetings and activities.
- External representation of the organisation.
- Other responsibilities as determined by the GM and the Board.
These responsibilities are not of a limitative character but might evolve over time and are defined together with the employee and the employer.
- Relevant experience (3-5 years) in resource allocation (concretely on fundraising) for a social sector organisation.
- Demonstrate experience in successfully negotiating and managing partnerships with public and private organisations.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, target oriented as fundamental tools for successful business development activities.
- Working experience in the microfinance sector. Experience developed in Europe will be considered a plus.
- Experience in the management of projects at international level.
- Full professional proficiency in English. Other languages will be considered a plus.
- Capacity to work in a small team with an international profile.
- Readiness for travelling (approx. 15% of time)
- Capacity to represent externally the organisation.
- Knowledge of project application and implementation procedures in the framework of EU and international funding programmes.
- Understanding of the role and functions of membership organisations.
- Legally fit to work in the EU/Belgium
Terms of appointment
- The role will be based at EMN’s office at Rue de l’Industrie 10, 1000 Brussels - Belgium
- This is a senior appointment in the organisation and gross remuneration will be agreed with the preferred candidate in the range of € 40K - 50K commensurate with skills and experience.
- The successful candidate will receive an employment contract under the Belgian law. Holidays of 20 days are available on the first year. In addition, EMN provides a subsidy for travel between home and the workplace, meal tickets, hospitalisation insurance, a bonus scheme and other representation expenses.
- Homeworking is possible when agreed.
How to apply
- Applications should be sent by email to the EMN General Manager
- The closing date for applications is 6 pm, Brussels time, on 10th August 2018.
- Please enclose with your application (failure to provide these documents will lead to an automatic rejection of your application):
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum two pages)
- Motivation Letter
All your documents will be treated confidentially and be shared only with the recruitment panel of EMN.
Only the candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted during the 4th week of August 2018.