EMN would like to inform our members of an opportunity to arrange internships with the European Microfinance Programme (EMP) Master students in your organisation.
The purpose of the EMP Master’s is to develop future microfinance professionals who will contribute to the strengthening of MFIs worldwide, and to provide them with a professional, multi-disciplinary approach to the challenges of the microfinance sector. A compulsory part of the Master’s programme, which gathers international students from all over the world, is an internship in the field.
Please find below the main features of the internship that could be arranged with the students:
- Period: from 6th May to 12th August 2019
- Duration: two to four months
- Eligible organisations: microfinance actors (host organisation)
- Activities foreseen: during the internship, the students will participate in ongoing work at the host organisation. At the same time, students will conduct specific research on a given topic.
- Administrative process: internship proposals will be subject to approval by the EMP Jury. Students may search for internships and submit proposals to the EMP not later than 28 February 2019. An internship agreement will be signed by the University, the student and the host organisation.
In order to make the most of this opportunity and to receive a high level of interest, the EMN secretariat strongly advises you to send the internship proposal form back during the month of November 2018. The proposal will be circulated among students who, depending on their interest, will directly contact your organisation.
The EMN secretariat believes that this could be an interesting opportunity to establish contact with international students/professionals who have a strong interest in microfinance, and to collaborate with them on members’ topics of interest.
For any questions, please do not hesitate to send an email to Nicola Benaglio.