One of the many functions of the EMN is to organise debates addressing a wide range of subjects pertinent to microfinance in Europe. These debates are a chance to foster an exchange of ideas among different partners, and contribute to spreading knowledge of microfinance throughout Europe.
Below is a list of past and future debates that the EMN has hosted, or intends to host:
- 5th EMN Debate (10th May 2011) (Access presentations and summary) - The work of Savings Banks in Microcredit in Europe, in ccopération with ESBG (European Savings Banks Group)
- 4th EMN Debate (27th April 2011) (Access presentations) - « Microfinance in Belgium, Personal and Professional Microcredit: a Tool for Economic Integration ? And for the Young ? », in cooperation with Crédal
- 3rd EMN Debate (2nd December 2010) (Access presentations) - Asset Building : Moving beyond Microcredit as a tool to combat poverty in Europe
- 2nd EMN Debate (23rd September 2010) (Access presentations) - Microfinance in Europe, a presentation of the current staus of microfinance in Europe and a discussion of its social performance implications, in cooperation with CERMI
- 1st EMN Debate (July 8, 2010) - Microfinance as Response to the Crisis: the European Progress Microfinance Facility, Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, Brussels