Growth Working Group, led by evers&jung (Germany)
Towards a practice based assessment of reasons for success in Microfinance Activities in Europe
The work plan for 2013 is focused on the necessary steps to produce a suitable conclusion of the group’s multi-annual strategy to reach the general objective of the group:
to develop and test an analytical framework for a practice-based assessment of MF organizations in Europe. It should help to identify success factors for individual growth strategies, suited to the specific demand situation in a given country.
For the year 2013 the WG Growth will produce the following outputs:
- The WG Growth will include a new core member organization from Eastern Europe into the group. Contacts have already established with Rocredit who has participated in the group’s workshop at the conference in Bucharest. For this an existing core member will step down to associate status to keep the number at five.
- The WG Growth will produce case studies of all core members’ organisations, using the establisghed analytical framework. These will enclose: 1) a filled out grid covering the national market perspective of the MFI, the services needed and the products available 2) updated information on the key growth indicators on the level of the MFI.
- The WG Growth will support member organisations to use the case studies for benchmarking exercises to lobby their national policy maker (e.g. Qredits in the Netherlands).
- The WG Growth will produce a final publication covering the analytical framework and its application in case studies. The publication will also identify the lessons learned during the last years and practice oriented follow up tasksthat can be used as input for ideas to be fed into the new Working Group system of EMN, e.g. lobbying material on the impact of the removal of growth barriers (like a restrictive legal framework) or tools to analyse the trade-off between social performance and growth performance or the case for a promotional campaign to activate the demand for microfinance products in European countries.
The Working Group agreed to organize two meetings in 2013:
- The first meeting will be held in April and will be hosted by Qredits inAmersfoort/ Netherlands.
- The second meeting will be held in June during the upcoming 10th EMN conference in Stockholm.
List of Members:
|Mr. Michael Unterberg/Mirko Bendig (Coordination)
||evers & jung
|Mr. Jorge Ramirez
|Mr. Gouillaume Foucaud
|Ms. Georgie Friedrichs
|Ms. Sonja Reinhardt
|Mr. Andrea Limone
|Ms. Justine Palermo
|Mr. Ovidiu Candea
|Ms. Helena Mena
||Milenium bank bcp