*** UPDATE ***
Congratulations to the winner of the 11th European Microfinance Research Award, Swati Mehta Dhawan!
*** UPDATE ***
The EMN Selection Committee have selected three finalist papers out of which the winner will be chosen and announced during the Award Ceremony at the conference:
- Swati Mehta Dhawan (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation) with the paper “Financial Inclusion of Germany’s Refugees: Current Situation and Road Ahead”
- Knar Khachatryan, Vardan Baghdasaryan (American University of Armenia), Valentina Hartarska (Auburn University) with the paper “Is the model “loans-plus-savings” better for microfinance in ECA? A PSM comparison”
- Gisela Mann (University of Salford) with the paper “Does Consumer Microfinance Expand Financial Inclusion in the UK?”
Ahead of the MFC-EMN Annual Conference to be held in Bilbao Spain, from the 3rd to the 5th of October 2018, EMN is pleased to announce the 11th edition of the European Microfinance Research Award co-sponsored by the Research Group «Financial Inclusion and New Entrepreneurship» of The Hague University of Applied Sciences. Once again, this year’s award comes with a grant of €1,000.
Papers eligible for selection should present ongoing or finalised research on issues related to microfinance in the European Union and EFTA countries exclusively. In line with this year’s conference theme, papers exploring implications of the digital revolution on microfinance clients and institutions will be especially valued as well as those focusing on financial inclusion. Other subjects are equally welcome, e.g. those related to job creation, information technology and innovation, social performance measurement, impact assessment and social entrepreneurship. Young researchers are especially invited to present their work for this award.
- Handing in of abstracts: Monday 28th May 2018
- Acceptance notification: Monday 4th June 2018
- Handing in of full papers: Monday 30th July 2018 (valid only for accepted abstracts)valid only for accepted abstracts)
Before applying, please consult the Selection Criteria (Definitions and Rankings) and the Full Paper Template (available on the top of this page).
To know more about the European Microfinance Research Award, check past editions:
Read more about the 2017 edition (Venice, Italy)
Read more about the 2016 edition (Warsaw, Poland)
Read more about the 2015 edition (Dublin, Ireland)