*** UPDATE ***
Congratulations to the winner of the 12th European Microfinance Research Award, Szilvia Andriasik!
*** UPDATE ***
The EMN Selection Committee have selected three finalist papers out of which the winner will be chosen and announced during the Award Ceremony at the conference:
- Szilvia Andriasik (Bilfinger SE) with the paper “Microfinance partnership among MFIs, banks, guarantee funds and national states”
- Amna Malik (Turkish Grameen Microfinance Program), Halil Orhan (Turkish Grameen Microfinance Program), Halil Fatih Akgül (Turkish Foundation for Waste Reduction), Altay Elçin (Turkish Grameen Microfinance Program) with the paper “Analysis of the strategy of Microfinance for Financial Inclusion of Refugees”
- Anabela Santos (Université Libre de Bruxelles), Michele Cincera (Université Libre de Bruxelles), Giovanni Cerulli (National Research Council of Italy) with the paper “Assessing Financing, Innovation and Growth linkage: New evidence for policy”
*** Deadline to send abstracts extended to 6th May 2019 ***
Ahead of the EMN Annual Conference to be held in Vienna (Austria), on 6th June 2019, EMN is pleased to announce the 12th edition of the European Microfinance Research Award co-sponsored by the Research Group Financial Inclusion and New Entrepreneurship of The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
Once again, this year’s award comes with a grant of €1,000.
Papers eligible for selection should present ongoing or finalised research on issues related to microfinance in the European Union and EFTA countries exclusively.
In line with this year’s conference theme, papers exploring the potential of cooperation between MFIs will be especially valued as well as those focusing on financial inclusion.
Other subjects are equally welcome, e.g. those related to job creation, information technology and innovation, social performance measurement, impact assessment and social entrepreneurship. Young researchers are especially invited to present their work for this award.
Only papers written in English will be accepted.
Based on predetermined selection criteria (relevance, innovativeness, structure, literature review, methodology and applicability), the EMN Selection Committee will choose three finalist papers. These will be disseminated online and published on the EMN website.
The selection process timeframe will be as follows:
- Handing in of abstracts: Monday, 25th March 2019
- Acceptance notification: Friday, 29th March 2019
- Handing in of full papers: Monday, 6th May 2019
The award winner will be notified by email no later than May 14th 2019.
Before applying, please consult the Selection Criteria (Definitions and Rankings) and the Full Paper Template (available on the top of this page).
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
To know more about the European Microfinance Research Award, check past editions:
Read more about the 2018 edition (Bilbao, Spain)
Read more about the 2017 edition (Venice, Italy)
Read more about the 2016 edition (Warsaw, Poland)
Read more about the 2015 edition (Dublin, Ireland)