Title: Office and Events Assistant
Status: Internship (Convention d'immersion professionnelle)
Period covered: 6 months
Start date: February 2019 (date to be agreed with candidate)
Deadline: 25 January 2019 at 13.00 CET (interviews will be held during the application period).
The European Microfinance Network’s mission is to promote microfinance as a tool to fight social and financial exclusion in Europe through self-employment and the creation microenterprises. EMN is a member-based non-profit and has 114 member-organisations in 25 countries.
EMN is currently seeking to hire a person to assist the Events and Capacity Building Officer (ECBO) and the whole secretariat with EMN events and administrative tasks.
These responsibilities are not of a limitative character but might evolve over time and are defined together with the candidate and the EMN Secretariat.
To support the implementation of EMN’s activities, according to EMN’s work plan:
- Support organisation during the run up to the EMN Annual Conference (June 2019),
- Manage administrative aspects of various European projects,
- Support the EMN team with office management and administrative activities.
To support the organisation of EMN events (Annual Conference 2019 in Vienna, Austria)
The Annual Conference is our main event and brings together around 300 participants, mainly microfinance practitioners who provide financial and non-financial services to vulnerable people who are excluded from the traditional financial sector.
- Support the Events Officer with logistics in the run up to, on the day of, and following the event.
- Compile documentation for the Annual Conference, including the conference booklet, speakers’ biographies, important information etc.
- Liaise with the local Professional Conference Organiser (PCO), if necessary.
- Liaise with speakers and delegates, if necessary, and answer their questions.
- Support in the update of a website dedicated to the Annual Conference on an ad-hoc basis.
Manage administrative aspects of the EaSI Technical Assistance programme (under the supervision of the ECBO and the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO))
EaSI TA project has a range of support activities for European microcredit providers, including workshops and training, to help build up their institutional capacity and to disseminate and promote best practices.
- Prepare contractual and administrative documents for project experts and speakers,
- Liaise with experts and speakers to communicate assignment conditions,
- Manage and process invoices, reimbursements and related documents according to project requirements,
- Maintain order in project folders, documents and paperwork (both hard and soft copies),
- Compile and prepare documents and invoices for quarterly project reporting phases under the supervision of the FAO.
Support the EMN team with ad-hoc office management tasks
The EMN team is made up of 8 staff members from diverse backgrounds who deal with a range of activities including research, advocacy, communication and finance.
- Support the maintenance of EMN’s CRM system.
- Maintain administrative databases (excel), including updating the reimbursement claim tracking.
- If/when necessary, manage stock of office supplies and contact external service providers, e.g. concerning technical issues, office problems.
- Gather, scan and file documents (contracts, attendance lists, feedback forms etc), as required.
- General or specific support/services to the EMN team.
- English proficiency is a must (native or near-native fluency); an excellent command of French is also a strong plus - written and spoken.
- Advanced computer skills required, particularly the mastering of MS-Office package, particularly Excel and Word.
- Ability to cope with diverse tasks.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- The candidate should demonstrate coordination, planning, organisation, monitoring and follow-up skills as well as a strong eye for detail.
- Positive and open-minded work attitude, both for team and independent work.
- Legally able to work in the EU-28.
The candidate will be based at the EMN office in Brussels (Rue de l’Industrie, 10) and will be offered an internship contract (convention d'immersion professionnelle).
To apply, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) in English, demonstrating your suitability to the above role, to Kate Mazoyer (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Raquel Sanchez Bujaldon (email@example.com).
Deadline for applications is Friday 25th January at 13.00 CET. Please be aware that interviews will take place during the application period as well as in the week following the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.