Title: Partnerships Officer
Status: Fixed-term contract
Period covered: 6-month appointment, with possibility of extension
Start date: 30th March 2020
Deadline: 19 February 2020 at 18:00 CEST
The EMN Partnerships Officer (PO) is based in Brussels and is part of the EMN Secretariat. S/He reports directly to the Partnership Manager / General Manager.
The PO is responsible of the searching, negotiation and (occasionally) delivery/implementation of the organizational partnerships. This role will be key in the future development of EMN, since the organization is following a funding diversification strategy that allows it to fulfil the requirements established in its Strategic plan. The EMN fundraising strategy should be developed in collaboration with the team and with the aim to reduce the financial dependency of the organization from its main funding source, the European Commission.
The role will also be in charge of facilitating partnerships for the EMN members in need of alternative funding sources or general partnerships. The capacity to develop this service will need to be set-up upon the member’s request and with the initial collaboration with the General Manager.
No staff supervision is initially foreseen for this role.
The PO will also be involved on different operational activities of EMN like the organization of the EMN Annual Conference & other events, the delivery of the EaSI TA programme and the coordination of respective working groups.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Fundraising and partnerships for EMN
- Screen, map and initiate contact with potential funders (+ maintain database), set-up, organise and run meetings wherever needed (mostly Europe);
- Lead the fundraising strategy of the organisation in order to diversify its funding. This will include the identification of alternative funding sources, write and negotiate potential proposals and report following the commitments of the partnership;
- Partnerships should primarily finance existing activities/operations, but eventually could result in new activities/operations, if the necessary resources are mobilised, which could imply its involvement in some projects delivery;
- Get involved into the negotiations related to the strategic partnerships for the future of the organisation;
- Co-ordinate with the team the activities that will require alternative funding;
- Co-ordinate the EMN resources’ allocation in collaboration with the General Manager.
2. Facilitate new partnerships for the microfinance sector in Europe
- Screen among the EMN members the funding needs (but not exclusively) and needs for alternative partnerships;
- Support the members in the definition of their financial needs, if required;
- Build up and maintain a database of potential investors and donors for the microfinance sector in Europe;
- Facilitate the matching between the members and the potential investors organising meetings and other events.
3. Membership Management
- Develop the value proposition of the EMN membership according to the organisational guidelines: Attract new members and improve the retention rate of member organisations;
- Maintain a fluid contact with the EMN membership in order to identify further needs and develop potential new activities and partnerships.
4. Sponsorship opportunities
- Identify, contact and manage sponsors for EMN initiatives (Annual Conference, Overview Survey, Microfinance Day, …).
5. Coordinate EMN Working Groups
- Manage and coordinate the respective Working Groups.
6. Other tasks
- Report on all aspects related to the previous tasks on a regular basis;
- Contribute to the content of the EMN Newsletters, CRM, website and social media tools;
- Participate in the respective Team Meetings and activities;
- Other responsibilities as determined by the General Manager.
These responsibilities are not of a limitative character but might evolve over time and are defined together with the employee and the employer.
1. Essential requirements
- Relevant experience (2-4 years) on resource allocation (concretely on fundraising) for a social sector organisation;
- Demonstrate experience in successfully negotiating and managing partnerships with public and private organisation;
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, target oriented as fundamental tools for successful business development activities;
- Working experience in the microfinance sector. In the case this experience was developed in Europe it will be considered a plus;
- Full professional proficiency in English. Other languages will be considered a plus.
2. Other requirements
- Capacity to work in a small team with an international profile;
- Readiness for travelling (approx. 10% of the time);
- Knowledge of project application and implementation procedures in the framework of EU and international funding programmes;
- Understanding of the role and functions of membership organisations;
- Legally fit to work in the EU/Belgium.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The role will be based at EMN’s office, Avenue des Arts 7-8, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
This is an appointment for 6 months, with the possibility of extension. Ideally the selected candidate starts on 30th March 2020 in the organisation.
In addition, EMN provides a subsidy for travel between home and workplace, representation expenses, hospitalisation insurance, annual bonus and meal tickets.
Homeworking is possible when agreed.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 18:00, Brussels time, on 19th February 2020. Only the candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. Interviews shall be held in the second half of February 2020.
Please enclose with your application a Curriculum Vitae (maximum two pages) and a Motivation Letter highlighting your skills for the job and specifying your salary expectations. Failure to provide these documents will lead to an automatic rejection of the application.
All your documents will be treated confidentially and be shared only with the recruitment panel of EMN.