Title: Project and Administrative Assistant;
Status: Internship (Convention d'immersion professionnelle)
Period covered: 9 months
Start date: October/November 2019 (date to be agreed with candidate)
Deadline: 26 September 2019 at 17:00 CEST (interviews will be held during the application period).
EMN is currently seeking to hire a person to assist the Network and Training Officer (NTO) and the whole secretariat with EMN project, administrative, events and office-based tasks. The opportunity will allow you to increase your understanding of the internal processes of EU projects and problem-solving skills in a business environment. Trainees are fully involved in all aspects of our work, providing full immersion in the team and possibility to increase your professional network.
These responsibilities are not of a limitative character but might evolve over time and are defined together with the candidate and the EMN Secretariat.
To support the implementation of EMN’s activities, according to EMN’s work plan:
- Support the NTO during the implementation and reporting of EU funded projects,
- Support the EMN team with office and administrative tasks.
- Support the organisation of EMN Events
Support the NTO during the implementation and reporting of EU funded projects (under the supervision of the NTO and the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO))
EaSI TA project has a range of support activities for European microcredit providers, including workshops and training, to help build up their institutional capacity and to disseminate and promote best practices.
- Prepare contractual and administrative documents for project experts and speakers,
- Liaise with experts, speakers and project partners to communicate assignment conditions,
- Manage and process invoices, reimbursements and related documents according to project requirements,
- Maintain order in project folders, documents and paperwork (both hard and soft copies),
- Manage the drafting and development of Good Practices from the sector and/or other institutions;
- Compile and prepare documents, reports and invoices for projects event and the financial reporting phases under the supervision of the NTO and FAO.
Support the EMN team with ad-hoc office management tasks
The EMN team is made up of 8 staff members from diverse backgrounds who deal with a range of activities including events, research, advocacy, communication and finance.
- Support in administrative ad hoc tasks such as maintain administrative databases (excel), encode payments on the internet banking facility.
- Gather, scan and file documents (contracts, attendance lists, feedback forms etc), as required.
- General or specific support/services to the EMN team.
Support the organisation of EMN events (under the supervision of the Events Officer)
The Annual Conference is EMN’s main event and in 2020 it will bring together around 600 participants in Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Support the Events Officer with logistics in the run up to, on the day of, and following events.
- Compile documentation for the events, including the conference booklet, speakers’ biographies, important information etc.
- Liaise with the local Professional Conference Organiser (PCO), if necessary.
- Liaise with speakers and delegates, if necessary, and answer their questions.
- Support in the update of a website and Event App dedicated to the Annual Conference, as required
- Evaluate feedback and draft and publish an event report based on this feedback post-event.
- English proficiency is a must (native or near-native fluency);
- Advanced computer skills required, particularly of MS-Office package (Excel and Word)
- Ability to cope with diverse tasks.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- The candidate should demonstrate coordination, planning, organisation, monitoring and follow-up skills as well as a strong eye for detail.
- Positive and open-minded work attitude, both for team and independent work.
- Legally able to work in Europe.
The following would be highly valued:
- Some initial experience working with EU Institutions
- Other languages of EU member states
- An interest in microfinance, inclusive finance, social entrepreneurship etc. would be a plus.
The candidate will be based at the EMN office in Brussels (Avenue des Arts 7-8, 1210) and will be offered an internship contract (convention d'immersion professionnelle).
To apply, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) in English, demonstrating your suitability to the above role, to Adriana Olmedo (email@example.com) and Kate Mazoyer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for applications is 26 September 2019 at 17:00 CEST. Please be aware that interviews will take place during the application period as well as in the week following the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.