EMN aisbl is a network with the mission of promoting microfinance as an instrument in the fight against social and economic exclusion by developing self-employment and microenterprises in Europe. Such a mission cannot be carried out alone: therefore the EMN is always interested in expanding the network and in taking in new members.
Who can join the network?
All organisations, institutions, or NGOs meeting the following criteria can join the network:
- Their field of action covers a sector of the microfinance industry
- Their interest in developing the microfinance industry in Europe is very clear
- Their mission matches that of EMN
- Social purpose organisations delivering or facilitating financial services to the underserved (MFIs or “practitioners”)
- Organisations related to the Microfinance sector that do not provide financial services to the underserved (are not MFIs or "practitioners")
- Partner members refers to the following organisations
- Any organisation based in the EU that promote and/or support the development of the microfinance sector in Europe but are not social purpose organisations delivering financial services to the undeserved, e.g. Universities and research bodies, consultants, foundations that don’t deliver financial services in Europe, etc.
- Any organisation based outside the EU, Candidate Countries to the European Union and EFTA/EEA States that promote and/or support the development of the microfinance sector in Europe
- National and/or international microfinance network organisations that promote and/or support the development of the microfinance in general and in particular in Europe
- Other non-social purpose organisations
- Sponsor the organisation activities
- This can include banks or for profit MFIs that share dividends with stakeholders that are delivering microfinance
- The main aim will be for building partnerships and relationships with financial and banking intermediaries to facilitate support to the network and encourage collaboration
Whatever the member status, you have to be recommended by two EMN members and approved by the EMN Board of Directors.
The application has to include:
- a membership request form (contact EMN)
- a letter of motivation
- the last annual activity report of the candidate organisation
- the last financial report of the candidate organisation
- two recommendation letters from two EMN members
The application has to be sent to EMN who will submit it to its Board of Directors for final decision.
The annual membership fees (per calendar year) for Practitioner and Partner members have been set as follows:
- Members with a total balance under 1 million Euro: 450 Euro
- Members with a total balance above 1 million Euro: 950 Euro
In the case of Corporate Members the annual membership fee will be of 1500 Euro
Being an EMN member gives you special rights:
- a 20% reduction for all EMN workshops, exchange visits, and Conferences (including the EMN Annual Conference). These events enable you to be up to date regarding sector evolution, legal changes, good practices, innovation etc. At the same time, these meetings allow further networking with the other members.
- using the resources of the EMN website for the promotion of your organisation.
- the possibility of using the EMN logo to increase your visibility.
- participation in EMN strategic and organisational decisions;
- access to a database of experts and resource persons in a position to respond to your specific needs.
- access to EU information concerning tendering, proposals, lobbying actions, etc.
- the ability to organise consortia with other network members, in order to respond better to tenders.
- our information newsletter on microfinance, for free.
- and many other services, according to your specific needs and our development.